This Book Needs 100 More Pages!
- This historical novel tells the story of actress Hedy Lamarr.
- Her life was quite amazing.
- She was born into a Jewish family in Vienna.
- At nineteen, she married a very wealthy, older man who was an arms dealer.
- They owned three magnificent homes/palaces, and entertained many famous and powerful people including Hitler.
- Only problem: He was abusive.
- She tries to escape him, but he thwarts her attempt.
- After a second escape plan that is successful, she finds herself on a ship headed to the United States.
- She meets Louis B. Mayer of MGM Studio fame onboard, and goes to work for him becoming the famous actress we have all heard about.
- Oh, and she has this brilliant mind and even secures a patent for a device that could make the aim of torpedoes more accurate and thus save lives in World War II.
- Only problem: The book is only 243 pages long.
- Had the author used an extra hundred pages, she could have put some meat on the story as opposed to just stringing together these bare bone facts.
- As you can tell, I followed her style in writing this review!
Like my book reviews? Try my blog! FREE gift to new subscribers: a downloadable booklet of motivational quotes, Some Do’s and Don’ts in Life.