Fall is in the air! If you are saddened that the carefree days of summer are over, read along, as I dedicate this Newsletter to FUN and GAMES. Below you will find:
- Six images with secret messages to decode
- A crossword puzzle to tell you some of the authors you will find in my book blog
- A word search boasting of all the “Etsy Finds” that await you in my Etsy shop
By the way, if you want to make your own puzzles, I will give you links to the appropriate game generators at the end of the Newsletter.
Can you decode these FUN fall messages? In each case, the code is the same. If you have trouble, I have explained the code below. And further down, you will find the decoded answers. But to get you started, remember that there are only two words in English that contain just one letter. So if you browse the images below and see a one letter word, you have your first clue.
BOOK BLOG CROSSWORD PUZZLE:
I post new book reviews almost every week. Ten of the books appear in the puzzle below. Please note three things:
- For a full-size crossword puzzle, print out the Book Blog Puzzle
- For the answers to the puzzle, print out the Book Blog Answers
- In this crossword puzzle, the author’s full name is used without spaces
Here are your clues:
|#2 Author of The Last Thing He Told Me||#1 Author of Hamnet|
|#5 Author of Malibu Rising||#3 Author of The Midnight Library|
|#7 Author of Eleanor Oliphant||#4 Author of It Ends With Us|
|#8 Author of People We Meet on Vacation||#6 Author of Apples Never Fall|
|#10 Author of The Plot||#9 Author of The Mystery of Mrs. Christie|
ETSY FINDS WORD SEARCH
There are always new things in my Etsy shop. This month there is a new set of Quilt Coloring Pages. This Word Search will tell you about everything in the shop.
- For a full-size Word Search puzzle, print out the Word Search Puzzle
- For the answers to the puzzle, print out the Word Search Answers
Here are the words for you to find:
A NOTE IN CLOSING
Thanks for reading this quarterly newsletter. Please tell your friends about my blogs, newsletters, and book reviews and ask them to join my mailing list.
Clue for decoding:
This code is called the Shifted Alphabet. Instead of writing the real letter I wanted to use in the quote, I used the next letter in the alphabet instead. Hence if my word had an “A” in it, I wrote “B” instead. Then “B” became a “C” and so forth.
Here are the decoded secret messages:
- Don’t stop be-leafing = Epo’u tupq cf-mfbgjoh.
- Stressed, blessed, and pumpkin obsessed = Tusfttfe, cmfttfe, boe qvnqljo pctfttfe.
- Thanks, Fall, my muffin top is now a pumpkin roll = Uibolt, Gbmm, nz nvggjo upq jt opx b qvnqljo spmm.
- Tis the season to be fall-y = Ujt uif tfbtpo up cf gbmm-z.
- Orange you glad it’s autumn? = Psbohf zpv hmbe ju’t bvuvno?
- A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye = B gbmmfo mfbg jt opuijoh npsf uibo b tvnnfs’t xbwf hppeczf.
To make your own puzzles:
For word search: https://worksheets.theteacherscorner.net/make-your-own/word-search/
For crossword puzzles: https://crosswordlabs.com/
A thank you:
Thanks to grandson, Josh, for finding the secret code website for me. I tried and tried unsuccessfully to find such a site. I contacted him. Within two minutes he sent me this link.